This marinade recipe is one we use quite often for sandwiches in the cafe, usually with our vegetarian/vegan offerings as it is completely vegan. When combined with tempeh, this marinade can help create an epic vegan BLT. However, as seen in the image below, you can use this marinade with basically any protein that you like, and cook it in a variety in different ways.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and find lots of good ways to integrate it into your cooking. Feel free to tag us in any of your creations!
- 1/4 of a cup of canola oil
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp rocket fuel sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. We added an extra bit of fresh rosemary just for fun.
- Cut you protein into medium sized pieces. If you're using tempeh, cut into thin slices so that it absorbs the marinade more.
- Add protein to the bowl and mix until it's coated evenly.
- Place in fridge to marinade for at least two hours, ideally overnight (especially for firmer proteins such as tempeh).
- Fry, bake or barbecue until cook it's cooked through and browned. Serve however you like, such as in a sandwich, salad or straight as seen below!