What it's built for:
The Double Cross from Soma was built to show just how capable a smartly designed cyclocross frame can be. Built, as always, with venerable Tange steel tubing the Double is equally ready for weekends spent racing through the mud and tackling a commute no matter the conditions. It pairs a sporty fit with heaps of braze-ons even giving the bike heaps of light-duty touring potential. Soma have created a no-nonsense rig that's light, durable, and incredibly versatile. What's not to love?
You'll dig a custom build of the Double Cross if:
• You're looking to run conventional derailleur-run gearing.
• The prospect of running disc brakes gets you excited.
• You're at an extreme of the size spectrum, it ranges from 42-66 cm in size. That's some range!
• You want a bike to go from the ride to work, to the weekend cross race, to some light touring with no fuss.
Thinking of a custom adventure build? Stop by or call to chat with our adventure-loving team for advice, options, and quotes.
Frame only, please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
Fork options here
A great do-all frame. Ready for cyclo-cross, trail-riding, commuting and medium duty loaded touring. Comes in a wide range of sizes to fit you right -- up to 66cm! In 2017, we have increased tire clearance slightly and added stiffer, lighter dropouts. We are also adding an ED coating to the insides of our frames for long term protection against rust. Sizing has been tweaked on the five smallest sizes.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo steel front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Disc mount is located on the chainstay which allows you to put almost any rear rack or fender on it without fear of interference. Rear disc mount is International standard and fits 160mm rotors only
- Optional forks: Matching lugged and curved blade or black straight blade unicrown Tange Infinity CrMo steel fork; the lugged fork has double eyelets at fork ends and low rider rack braze-ons
- Clearance for 700x45c tires (40c w/fenders. Some front derailleurs may reduce this clearance)
- Rear hub spacing is 135mm
- 1-1/8" size headtube (for external cup headsets)
- 10 sizes: 42cm to 62cm,.. plus 66cm
- 4.35 lbs (52cm)
- Color: Sky Silver
For more information and options on complete builds please email email@example.com