What it's built for:
The Wolverine from Soma was born as an aptly dubbed "monster cross" bike taking the burgeoning cyclocross platform and pushing it further than ever, in a way helping create the adventure bike market as we know it today. With massive tire clearance, clever sliding dropouts (and a belt drive compatible frame split), and braze-ons galore there aren't many things you can't do with this frame. Fully rigged touring bike? No problem. Buttery smooth gravel grinder? All good. Ridiculously well-equipped commuter? This bike was born for it.
You'll love a custom build of this frame if:
• You want a ride that splits the difference between cross sportiness and touring stability.
• You're considering running an internally geared hub and/or a belt drive.
• A fat 700c tyre floats your boat, this frame can handle up to 45c.
• The idea of one frame taking you from the daily commute to epic tours to weekend cross races gets you giddy.
Thinking of a custom adventure build? Stop by or call to chat with our adventure-loving team for advice, options, and quotes.
Frame only, please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated double butted CrMo front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Clearance for 700x45c tires w/ fenders
- Rear hub spacing:135mm
- Gates Carbon belt drive compatible
- Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
- 1-1/8" size headtube
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58. 60, 62 and 66cm
- 4.79 lbs (frame); 2.3 lbs. (fork, uncut steerer)
- Colour: Fiery Red and Pearl Black
A) Black, lugged flat crown standard QR axle, Tange Infinity CrMo steel fork; double eyelets pannier rack and mini rack mounts.
B) Red, extra stiff unicrown straight blade 15mm thru-axle fork
For information on options and complete builds please email firstname.lastname@example.org