The Ghost Grappler is our dedicated drop-bar trail bike. Building off the customized setups we’ve seen riders experimenting with over the years, the Ghost Grappler captures a more confident, nimble, and reactive off-road/ drop-bar experience. Engineered first and foremost around a comfortable, stable drop-bar hand position, it offers trail-ready geo and impressive tire clearance for lively all- day rides on single track, double track, and gravel, as well as an assortment of mounts for those sub-24 and weekend bikepacking excursions.
Built from our proprietary ‘Natch tubesets to handle rough terrain, the Ghost Grappler gives off-road riders a new perspective on familiar trails while luring them down dark and unknown arteries. With a higher stack and longer reach than similar-sized bikes in our lineup, fit, handling, hand position, and experience all come together in a tailor-made dirt-drop package.
- 100% Surly Chromoly steel frame and fork; 1-1/8" headtube (non-suspension corrected)
- Double-butted main triangle, plus top tube and down tube gussets for added strength
- Custom dropouts ready to run single-speed or internally geared hub setups
- Surly’s versatile Gnot-Boost rear spacing, allowing riders to run 142mm or 148mm rear hubs
- Front and rear captured thru-axles for ideal stiffness and handling
- Stealth dropper post routing
- Rack and fender compatibility, plus three-pack mounts at the top and bottom of the down tube so you never have to leave home without it — whatever “It” is
- Seatstay-mounted bottle bosses on both sides of frame (not available on XS frame size)
- Five frame sizes to fit nearly every size of rider: XS, Small, Medium, Large, and XL
- Clearance for 27.5 x 2.8" tires (with or without fenders)
- 73mm bottom bracket shell
- microSHIFT ADVENT X 1x10 group with an 11–48t range
- TranzX shifter-activated dropper post for a stable, confident hand position in rough terrain • Salsa Cowchipper Handlebars for leverage and comfort
- WTB rims paired with 27.5 x 2.5" Teravail Ehline tubeless-ready tires