An all-road commuter that tackles gravel as hard as the inner-city roads you frequent. Off beat yet sensible, this custom-built Surly Midnight Special forgoes the familiar drop bar and keeps things straight up with a Surly Terminal flat bar. Brooks Cambium C17 saddle offers max comfort while the Teravail Sparwood paired Shimano GRX wheelset offers full confidence to express yourself wherever the journey takes you.
Built by our custom build wizard Greg. Have something else in mind? Get in touch.
• Frameset: Surly Midnight Special - Size 54 (Medium)
• Headset: Cane Creek
• Handlebars: Surly Terminal Bar
• Brakes: Shimano MT201 Flat Mount
• Shifter: Shimano Deore 1x11
• Cranks: Shimano GRX
• Cassette: Shimano Deore 11-46t
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
• Wheelset: Shimano GRX 650B
• Tires: Teravail Sparwood 27.5x2.1
• Saddle: Brooks Cambium C17s
• Pedals: None
Though we’re a bike shop that sells, builds and fixes bicycles, they’re really just the means to an end; albeit a beautifully designed means to an idyllic end. Our job most importantly is to encourage as many people as we can to get out and ride for transport and enjoyment. We'd love to make riding a bike as commonplace as your morning cup of coffee, which by the way is our other obsession.
Bicycle Junction is situated at 1 Marion St, Te Aro, Wellington.