FAQ: Longtail vs Front Loader - What are the differences and which one is right for me?
Battle of the big bikes! This is a big question as there are lots of pros and cons for each of these bikes, but here some of main things to consider.
- Ride like a regular bike you're probably familliar with.
- Able to carry up to 3 kids depending on the model
- Slightly smaller/narrower. Easier to store or get through narrow gaps.
- More affordable.
- Are rigid or hardtail
- More complicated to carry a dog.
- Take a little longer to get used to ride initially.
- Able to carry 3+ kids
- Handle well both loaded and unloaded, weight balanced in the centre of the bike.
- Larger of the two, require more storage space.
- Able to carry massive load in strange shapes - we have carried a piano, washing machines and lumber.
- More expensive, usually.
- Very good integration with rain covers.
- Lowest centre of gravity, most stable.
- You have the option of rigid, hardtail or full suspension.
- Able to easily carry a dog
It's important to remember when consider comparing things like this that there is no ideal bicycle, rather bikes that are just better suited to your needs then others. To get a better idea of what's going to work best for you, book yourself in for a test right using the button below.