With its Low-step frame, an integrated Bosch Smart System 500Wh PowerTube battery, Bosch’s new Smart System Performance Line SPORT motor and an 80mm travel fork, the Moustache Xroad 2 Open is the epitome of versatility and comfort. The Xroad comes equipped with practical and stylish accessories such as its new luggage rack and powerful lights front and rear. The new Xroad is as perfect for getting about day-to-day as it is for exploring further afield on the weekend.
With its triple cavity frame design Moustache haven’t needed to compromise on stiffness or weight unlike many other open frame designs flooding the bike industry. This design feat makes this bike perfect whether you’re looking to get off the beaten track, climb mountains or simply get some fresh air on the everyday commute.
Why did the team at Moustache labour over this frame design for three years? In order to have an ultra low-step frame, the top tube which provides most of the strength must be completely removed. Normally this will result in a frame with excessive flex giving wobbly handling. To add strength, budget bike manufacturers just add more metal so it weighs a ton!
The proof is in the ride. Ride the Moustache Xroad 2 Open and you will understand what makes the Moustache Xroad stand out from all other step-through eBikes, with perfect handling, superior comfort, and all this in a lightweight and smart eBike package you will love for many years.
NEW BOSCH GEN 4 SMART SYSTEM MOTOR AND BATTERY
The New Moustache Xroad 2 Open is powered by Bosch’s brand new Gen 4 Smart System Performance Line SPORT motor which assists up to 38kph, this is one of the very few eBikes available in NZ with this higher speed ‘SPORT’ variant. The 500wh PowerTube battery is seamlessly integrated into the frame while remaining easy to take on and off. The integrated charge port on the bike makes recharging a breeze. What’s this ‘Smart System’ about? Reach out to us or one of our dealers to walk you through this exciting new technology from Bosch
The luggage rack with QL3 system means you can attach the Moustache by Ortlieb panniers in seconds, giving the Xroad even more versatility. Its wide platform also makes it compatible with a large range of child seats. The MIK integration allows for quick fitting of a wide range of Basil bags and accessories, with more brands coming soon. Exclusive tubular Moustache mud-guards, ultra solid and reliable, are perfectly centred over the wheel to keep you and your bike dry and clean in all conditions.
Designed specifically with New Zealand conditions in mind the Xroad ticks every box for comfort, reliability and style. Consumer Magazine NZ shares our high praise for the Xroad, click here to read their thoughts on the Xroad range.
- The Xroad series is New Zealand’s favourite rail trail machine due to it’s unique combination of mountain bike and urban features
- The Xroad’s wide tyres and versatile gear range mean you’ll have control and the right gear for all types of terrain
- The Xroad’s upright riding position and fully integrated mudguards, lights and rear rack add to its incredible versatility, allowing you to explore off the beaten track on the weekend and commute into work on Monday
- Bosch’s Smart System Performance SPORT Motor delivers smooth, intuitive and near-silent power
- Bosch’s Smart System 500wh PowerTube Battery allows you to ride more and charge less
- The 30 Lux Integrated Front Light means you’ll see and be seen, day and night
- A Shimano 9spd Drivetrain gives you a wide range of gears as well as outstanding durability
- Moustache’s Dual wall Mudguards are lightweight, incredibly strong and stylish
- The QL3 Ortlieb Compatible Rack AND MIK System Integration makes your options for carrying luggage limitless